Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Roll Tide

Tara's brother is a huge Alabama fan, so I had to swallow my Tennessee pride for his birthday. This elephant is probably my favorite, if not solely because I never believed he was going to stand up on his own. He's completely edible, but only his torso is cake. The head, tusks, ears, and legs are molded rice krispy treats. To make the legs strong enough to hold the thing up, rice krispy treats were wrapped around some decorative plastic pillars (meant for show, but oh well). The other non-cake pieces are pinned to the body with long toothpicks. Everything is coated in fondant, of course, and the sheet draped over his back is a separate piece. I cut and pasted the "A" instead of trying to paint it on, which I think turned out really great.


No comments: